An Award for Larena!
On Friday, Feb 21, 2014, Larena was awarded the Trapper Trails Council Silver Beaver Award. There were 64 new Silver Beavers that night, 7 from the Brigham City area. To be awarded, one must be nominated by an associate (you can't nominate yourself--to do so eliminates you from ever getting the award) and give significant service to not only scouts in your town but scouts in your council, i.e. Northern Utah. She, of course, feels unworthy and feels that she is very unworthy of any recognition for her service to scouting. But she has almost singlehandedly got an e-newsletter up and going monthly here, and she headed the district 11-year-old scouting weekend for over 5 years as stake primary president. All that, plus all those cubbies she mothered along for all the years she was a ward cub leader. I, of course, feel she is about the best in whatever she attempts . . . and evidence bears me out that I am correct in this one!
4 comments:
Congratulations Mom! You deserve it. You're the best.
Congrats Mom! We all know you are the best, its good to know that others know it also. No matter when I come home you are always putting in a lot of work with the scouts. I'm not sure I ever saw Mom more close to losing her cool than that night when she spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to use gmail in order to get that newsletter up and running :)
yay, Mom! Congratulations on such a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment